Computational Fluid Dynamics
Allovis offers a complete CFD design service on processes and systems, using physical and fluid-dynamic know-how gained through a large series of numerical-experimental activities, that have refined methods and models over the years.
Main CFD skills:
- Internal Arodinamics aimed at evaluating climate-comfort
- Study and optimization of flows of ventilation surfaces
- Multi-phase systems with porous time-varying means
- Energy optimization
- Fluid dynamics characterization of components and creation of response surfaces
- Transient flows with MRF domains or rotating meshes
- Thermal models with solid and fluid domains
- Air-acoustical analysis
The experimental integration Allovis has always applied to all numerical modeling activities, using its own equipment, drastically reduces risk of errors during boundary conditions set-up .
“In modeling, a measure is always better than a hypothesis”
Allovis uses both commercial and open-sourse CFD codes according to customer needs: using open-source codes integrated with experimental validation, however, allows best results in terms of calculation scalability, properties customization and reduction of management costs.
Main CFD knowledge on railway application:
- External aerodynamics of roof-mounted or below car, using SS or LS models
- Internal aerodynamics of air ducts for both driving and passengers cars
- Driving and passengers car thermal analysis
- HVAC performance dependig on speed
- Support’s models for HVAC control
CFD for manufacturing
Manufactoring and foods applications with dendeair, gases and particulates:
- Distribution’s ducts
- Filling-voiding transients