Computational Fluid Dynamics
Allovis offers a complete CFD design service on processes and systems, using physical and fluid-dynamic know-how gained through a large series of numerical-experimental activities, that have refined methods and models over the years.
Main CFD skills:
- Internal Arodinamics aimed at evaluating climate-comfort
- Study and optimization of flows of ventilation surfaces
- Multi-phase systems with porous time-varying means
- Energy optimization
- Fluid dynamics characterization of components and creation of response surfaces
- Transient flows with MRF domains or rotating meshes
- Thermal models with solid and fluid domains
- Air-acoustical analysis
The experimental integration Allovis has always applied to all numerical modeling activities, using its own equipment, drastically reduces risk of errors during boundary conditions set-up .
“In modeling, a measure is always better than a hypothesis”
Allovis uses both commercial and open-sourse CFD codes according to customer needs: using open-source codes integrated with experimental validation, however, allows best results in terms of calculation scalability, properties customization and reduction of management costs.
Wind tunnel CFD design for aerodynamics or air conditioning.
Main CFD knowledge on railway application:
- External aerodynamics of roof-mounted or below car, using SS or LS models
- Internal aerodynamics of air ducts for both driving and passengers cars
- Driving and passengers car thermal analysis
- HVAC performance dependig on speed
- Support’s models for HVAC control
CFD for manufacturing
Manufactoring and foods applications with air, gases and particulates:
- Distribution’s ducts
- Filling-voiding transients